The Saudi Society for Food and Nutrition
Name and Location
The Saudi Society for Food and Nutrition (SSFN) is an administratively and financially autonomous scientific society sponsored by King Saud Universityand hosted by the Department of Food Sciences and Nutrition, College of Food Sciences and Agriculture, King Saud University, Riyadh. Branches may be set up at other locations as necessary.
The society seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop and further scientific knowledge in the fields of food sciences and nutrition.
- Establish scientific liaison among the society's members.
- Provide technical advice on matters relating to the society's expertise.
- Enhance scientific and professional performance of the society's members.
- Facilitate the exchange of scientific information and research outcome between the society and other relevant institutions both inside and outside the Kingdom.
The society's most important activities are as follows:
- Encouraging research and providing scientific and technical services to the community.
- Writing and translating scientific books pertinent to the society's specialization and relevant fields.
- Conducting scientific studies of direct applicability to the food and nutrition industry.
- Convening symposia, seminars and workshops.
- Publishing manuscripts, journals and other publications in the fields of food and nutrition.
- Participating in local and international exhibitions.
- Inviting scientists and intellectuals to contribute to the society's activities as determined by its governing regulations.
- Organizing scientific tours and competitions among the society's members.