You are here
King Saud University celebrated the graduation of the 56th and 57th batches of female graduates (Classes of 1441 and 1442) under the patronage of Her Highness Princess Nora bint Mohammad Al Saud, Wi
Morning of Wednesday April 14th, 2021, On behalf of HE President of King Saud University (KSU) and under patronage of Prof.
In continuation of the existing cooperation between the College of Engineering at King Saud University and public and private bodies concerning training students and providing engineering consultancy
The Center of Excellence in Information Assurance (CoEIA) at King Saud University organized the third session of Science 20 (S20) webinar on “Digital Revolution: Navigating Critical Transitions” on 31
Be the Department of Agricultural Economics academic and research center leading accredited locally and globally in the fields of economy and agricultural applications, thus contributing to the development of the agriculture sector and community service.more
1 - prepare scientifically graduates and intellectually by providing them with knowledge and skills and agricultural economic rules that qualify them to be researchers and specialists economists to contribute to the management, organization and implementation of economic development programs in genemore
Provide distinctive academic programs for undergraduate and master's degree in agricultural economics disciplines allows qualifying graduates for the labor market, and provide solutions to the problems of the agricultural sector by applying the results of scientific research and the development of fmore
Grew department in 1385 and began to grow rapidly growing four stages since its inception, in the first phase contributed to the decisions in the agricultural economy and rural society to produce graduates of the General Division until 1395, and began the second phase in 96/1397 AH, where he graduated from the department first batch concentration and includes 29 students, while The third stage is the stage specialization in the agricultural economy and rural society, which began in 1401/1402 AH and was the first of its graduates 18 students, and continued to tender the first semester 1410/1411 AH where it began the fourth phase separation of Agricultural Economics Department of Agricultural Extension to become part independent of the graduation of specialists in agricultural economics .
Future strategy for the Department of Agricultural Economics
First: a short-term strategy (1-3 years)
A - with respect to management of the program and the work environment department
1 - Composition of the Quality Assurance Committee, among other committees, and the selection of appropriate competencies and determine their functions, standards and draw plans and develop a vision, mission and goals of the department and to work on the preparation of the League calendar continuously carried out at least every 3 years.
2 - Develop an annual plan and clear for all areas of the work of the division of human resources and equipment.
Speed providing hardware for teaching and training sufficient numbers.
3 - emphasis on polled and the involvement of members of the faculty and staff of the department and students in the decision-making process and notified the topics and plans and decisions and developments that occur in the department.
4 - Take advantage of similar scientific institutions in the selection of appropriate indicators to be applied.
5 - to continue to establish a list of priorities that will help the educational process by the Department of materials and services.
6 - Update computers and modern software and activate the technical support for the maintenance of the management section
Emphasis on activating scientific research teams branches of the department and follow-up activities to ensure the continuity of the quality of scientific research of the department and its outputs.
- Create a coordinating committee is studying business investment to the results of scientific research and scientific ideas
- Encourage the establishment of community service courses and support from the university, rather than the imposition of fees.
- Activating the community service activities and good planning.
- Trying to strive towards providing financial support of the business.
- With regard to students of the Department
1 - building bridges between students and faculty and touch the needs assessment and reassurance on their level of education and the creation of academic atmosphere such as the provision of special places available all the necessary requirements.
2 - The action extention programs for new students newly enrolled in the department. - Activating the procedures for the follow-up to the performance of students in a modern department. - Emphasis on the lookout for students about their rights and duties when Joined department - emphasis on helping students and instruct them how to write scientific and extract the scientific literature as well as the use of available sources of information.
3 - to emphasize the continuity of encouraging students to participate in extra-curricular activities and balance that with their education.
4 - providing students with the skills and knowledge needed by the labor market in the Kingdom
5 - Follow-up of graduates in their views and assess their efficiency by employers and مرؤسي the graduates in their views.
C - with regard to faculty members and employees of the department
1 - find an internal system to evaluate the performance of a faculty member.
2 - continuation of scholarship and concern for the self-feeding, as well as the continuity of the academic quality of the performance section.
3 - Support for field activities and the existence of a clear systems to assess and identify the tasks and duties and continuity in the development of performance.
4 - Encourage Joined training courses for all employees of the department.
5 - Keep the jobs section and interest بشغلها Efou by comparing CVs to maintain the quality of performance of the department.
6 - For the new members of the faculty department systems, services and programs provided by the department.
7 - the quality of employment and contracting department and continue the application of the criteria which ensure that quality.
8 - For the members of the faculty and staff on the evaluation criteria of performance.
9 - Trying to assess and reward outstanding academic and administrative department.
10 - General rules clearly define the procedures for dealing with disciplinary proceedings and the settlement of complaints and resolving disputes.
Second: The strategy for the medium term (3-5 years)
- Emphasis on the inform workers institution of message format section periodically.
- Need for a periodic evaluation of the vision, mission and goals of the department.
- Work to build bridges with the business and the private sector to express their views on the output section.
- Monitoring the performance of graduates in the institutions in which they work and coordination with the business opinion survey on the performance of graduates
- Continue to update and review the decisions of the file section.
- Provide guidance and training programs for faculty members and visitors in order to develop the educational process.
- Always wanted section provide services to students and due to some constraints, especially the college and the small tight space in general, the section that restricts and limits the provision of these services.
- Provision of accommodation suitable to the needs of students
- Continue to develop cooperative agreements with other institutions to optimize the use of devices and high-cost equipment with a clear policy for maintenance and replacement.
- The opportunity to get to know faculty who Atzmon leadership and seriousness for the continuation of the tender section.
- Finding rules governing joint ownership and joint use and provide an effective security system and clearly defined for research activities.
- Improve the department's reputation through the development of scientific research and community service and to develop a comprehensive strategy to follow the department's reputation abroad.
Third: the long-term strategy (5-10 years)
- Focus on creating well-defined strategic plan and activated.
- Find a committee for strategic plans take into account the development priorities of the department in all areas.
- Find and characterize unit in the department.
- Periodic update to the list of equipment and devices owned by the department and precise follow-up to cleaning operations and coordination with security agencies to get rid of hazardous chemicals and otherwise.
- Proposing the establishment of a strategic centers for Applied Economic Research at the level of section featuring the most important organs.
- Develop strategies for the definition of faculty members and graduate students experts in their field and their expertise in providing investment services to the community and this means update the directory names of the members of the department faculty and the department web site (Internet.
Agricultural Economics - College of Food and Agricultural Sciences - King Saud University
PO. Box 2460 Riyadh 11451
Phone: 4678510 Fax: 4673557
A. D. Hussein Al-Qahtani travel
A. D. Abdulaziz Mohammed Duwais
A. D. Khaled day Ruwais
A. D. Mehdi Maad Sultan
D. Osman bin Saad Al Nashwan
A. D. Subhi Mohammed Ismail
A. D. Ahmed Mohammed al-Hindi
D. Mahmoud Mohamed Dereini
D. Kamal al-Din Ali Bashir
A. D. Adel Mohamed Khalifa