Welcome to the website of Soil Science Department (SOSC) at king Saud University. The SOSC Department has a faculty members consisting of 11 outstanding scientists, distinguished by their deeply understanding of soil, water and the environment science, and their ability to carry out research. Also planning towards the solution of environmental and resource use and management problems.
The SOSC provides highly visible leadership in teaching, research, outreach in the broad area of soil and environment as related to improving the productivity of agriculture, improving water quality, and protection and conservation of natural resources.
The SOSC Department offers two graduate programs leading to the Master and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Soil Sciences . Graduate Program in the Department of Soil Science is open to students who has a B.Sc .degree in Soil Science as well as to other discipline such as chemical, physical, earth, or engineering sciences.
The SOSC programs are designed to meet the changing needs of our clientele at Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, national and international levels. To meet new challenges and explore new opportunities, the SOSC’s research and teaching programs are focused in the following areas:
- Soil-Water-Plant relations, and water and Soil Conservation.
- Remediation of Contaminated Soils and Water.
- Management of Nutrients, Fertilizers, and Wastes.
- Soil Quality and Morphology, and microbiological activities.
- Environmental science, with emphasis on contaminant transport and fate, and soil remediation.
- Salt Affected Soils and its Reclamations.
As you browse through our web site, please provide your comments and suggestions that will help us to serve you better.
Mohammad I. AL-Wabel
Head of Department